What is a cookie?
These cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a web site. The cookie then communicates with the originating web site when you visit it again, and may communicate with other websites that recognise the cookie.
Local Shared Objects or Flash Cookies
These cookies are referred to as Local Shared Objects or Flash Cookies. They are pieces of data that websites and applications which use Adobe Flash store on your computer or device to collect information on how you navigate those websites and to store preferences you have set.
Cookies make the interaction between users and websites faster and easier, and help to improve websites. Without cookies, a web site could not remember a user's preferences or registration details for a future visit.
Cookies also enable websites to monitor their users' web surfing habits and profile them for marketing purposes.
What cookies do evan.media use?
We have classified our cookies according to the categories proposed by the International Chamber of Commerce.
None of the cookies used on our websites gather personal information about you.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential for the operation of our websites.
- Establish and continue a user sessions. They keep track of a user's movement from page to page. Without these cookies, our websites would have no memories.
- Establish and continue a user session with our registration and login tool. This cookie keeps track of a user's movement from page to page. Without accepting this cookie the user would need to login every time they changed page.
These cookies collect information about how our websites is used. The purpose of these cookies is to help us improve our website, and to report website usage for reasons such as rights reporting to music collecting societies.
- Collect information about the quality of video delivery. This information enables our partners to monitor and improve the quality of service and to troubleshoot video quality issues.
- Check anomalies and as a back-up in respect of Google Analytics, which is tracking software supported by Google. This software is used to validate Comscore data, our official tracking tool.
- Detect the initial bandwidth capability for progressive download deliveries for video on demand content. Without understanding the bandwidth capability of the user's device we are unable to determine which quality feed to deliver to the user, which would result in a potentially poor video playback experience or no video at all if bandwidth is reduced.
- Track the effectiveness of the display advertising on our website. This cookie does not target advertisements when you visit other websites
3rd Party Cookies
- When you browse evan.media or other digital services provided by evan.media you may notice some cookies that are not set by a evan.media domain. For example, if you login to evan.media using your Facebook login or view a page with some embedded content.
- We don't control the setting of these cookies. Please refer to the relevant 3rd party website for more information on their respective cookie policies.
3rd Party Targeting Cookies
Most of the advertisements you see on our sites are generated by third parties. Some of these third parties generate their own cookies to track how many people have seen a particular advertisement (or use the services of other third parties to do this), and to track how many people have seen it more than once. These cookies cannot be used to identify an individual; they can only be used for statistical purposes, for example, in providing you with advertisements that are more relevant to your interests.
Some of the information obtained from third party cookies will be aggregated with other anonymous information for statistical purposes. The third party companies that generate these cookies have their own privacy policies and evan.media does not have access to these cookies; other than allowing them to be served, and we have no role to play in these cookies (although we may use statistical information arising from these third party cookies and provided to us by third parties, to improve the targeting of advertisements to users of the website).
You can also visit the trade body representing these advertising bodies for more information on how to opt out of these cookies:
For more information on third party targeting cookies, go to
- Find out how to manage cookies.